Google Maps Distance Example
A workbook containing a VBA UDF for calculating Google Maps Distance.
Please find more details here:
This product is an example Excel workbook with a UDF for calculating Google Maps distance.
The example still requires that you obtain a Google Distance Matrix Key!
Please refer to official Google Documentation on the service. Some typical challenges are:
- In case of errors be sure to check if you are sitting behind a proxy server. If so check here how to configure a proxy
- That Google won’t find the exact addresses and will approximate with a similar address (see component filtering for more precision)
- That Google might return several matches. While the function takes the first one from the returned list
- HTTP or timeouts. See my Web Scraping Kit for how I dealt with such
- That distances/duration differ depending on which location is set as origin and which is set as destination (one way roads, detours etc.)