Dear madam, dear sir,
I came across your VBA compiler via https://analystcave.com/vba-compiler-add-in-to-vb-net/#VBA_Compiler_Installation and I am very interested to test it out as I have developed a huge excel program that depends on VBA and needs a boost in performance.
However the compiler installation instructions are not working for me.
The tab VBA Compiler will not become visible in Excel 2016 (x86, Windows 10 64-bit).
Following your instructions the following issues were displayed:
1. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable.
As such I left the current .NET Framework in tact by canceling this installation.
Running the Microsoft supplied script in the powershell gives info about .NET Framewok which appears to be higher in version (4.7.2):
.NET Framework 4.7.2
.NET Framework 3.5 service pack 1
.NET Framework 3.0 service pack 2
.NET Framework 2.0 service pack 2
2. Windows SDK install complaints that:
Some Windows SDK components require RTM.NET. Setup detected a pre-release version of the .NET Framework 4.
I succeeded the remaining SDK components installation.
3. After this I installed the VBA Compiler (32bit) as my Office 2016 is 32-bit. The VBA compiler did not appear after restarting Excel however.
4. Whenever I run COM Add-ins from the Developer tab, the VBA Compiler is shown in the list, but not checked as ‘Load at Startup’. Checking this will not lead to loading at startup. It is shown again as unchecked after showing the COM Add-ins dialog again. Whenever I tried to add VBA Compiler to the COM Add-ins list using the path “C:\Program Files (x86)\AnalystCave\VBA Compiler\ExtractDLL.dll” a dialog is shown indicating the dll is not a valid Office Add-in.
5. VBA Compiler is also shown as Excel Options in the Add-ins menu listing.
Do you know what is wrong?
Thank you for your support.
With kind regards,